Announcing the 2019 Duke Health Innovation Jam
The Innovation Jam is a “Shark Tank” style event to which all Duke faculty, staff, trainees and students are invited to apply and/or attend. Applicants should submit pragmatic health innovations with an immediate application at Duke and/or commercial potential.
Proposed ideas can be a concept or a simple prototype, but must have a clear business and value proposition.
Duke leaders have pledged to invest actual dollars in order to earn a coveted place at the Innovation Jam Investors’ Table.
No more than six innovative and well-developed ideas will be selected to pitch to our esteemed panel of Duke Investors on October 17.
Applications are due by 5pm on Friday, August 17th and open to staff, faculty, trainees, and students from Duke Health, Duke University, and Duke University Health System.
Event attendance is open to both Duke and external audiences.
For more information, please contact DIHIInnovationJam@duke.edu.
- Saturday, August 17, 2019 (5pm) – Submission Deadline
- Week of September 12, 2019 - DIHI will notify finalists
- **Applicants who are selected as finalists should plan to attend an Innovation Jam preparation and info session week of Sept 16.
- September 12 through October 4 - Presentation preparations
- October 4, 2019 (5PM) - Finalists to submit final presentations to DIHI
- October 17, 2019 – Innovation Jam event at Trent Semans Center