Announcing the 2018 Duke Health Innovation Jam
The Innovation Jam is a “Shark Tank” style event to which all Duke faculty, staff, trainees and students are invited to apply and/or attend. Applicants should submit pragmatic health innovations with immediate application at Duke and/or commercial potential.
Proposed ideas can be a concept or a simple prototype, but must have a clear business and value proposition. The event will be formatted after the television show Shark Tank.
Several senior leaders have pledged to invest actual dollars in order to earn a coveted place at the Investors’ Table.
No more than six innovative and well-developed ideas will be selected to pitch to our esteemed Investors on October 4.
Applications are due by 5pm on Friday, August 24th and open to staff, faculty, trainees, and students from Duke Health, Duke University, and Duke University Health System.
Teams can consist of individuals from different divisions, departments, and schools. The Innovation Jam is an exciting chance to see what the best and brightest can pitch to our Investors and hear what our Investors think! Event attendance is open to both Duke and external audiences.
For more information, please contact Krista Whalen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, August 24, 2018 (5pm) – Submission Deadline
- Week of September 12, 2018 - DIHI will notify finalists
- **Applicants who are selected as finalists should plan to attend one of the following pitch preparation sessions:
Monday, Sept 17th from 1pm – 3pm
Tuesday, Sept 18th from 10am – 12pm or 1pm – 3pm
Thursday, Sept 20th from 3pm – 5 pm
- September 12 through September 25 - Presentation preparations
- Tuesday, September 25 (5PM) - Finalists to submit final presentations to DIHI
- October 4, 2018 – Innovation Jam event in the Great Hall at Trent Semans Center