Announcing DIHI’s 3rd Innovation Jam!
The Innovation Jam is a “Shark Tank” style event to which all Duke faculty, staff, and students are invited to apply and/or attend. Applicants should submit pragmatic health innovations with immediate application at Duke and/or commercial potential.
The proposed ideas can be a concept or a simple prototype, but must have a clear business and value proposition. The event will be formatted after the television show Shark Tank.
Several senior leaders have pledged to invest actual dollars in order to earn a coveted place at the Investors’ Table.
No more than six innovative and well-developed ideas will be selected to pitch to our esteemed Investors on October 3.
Applications are due by 5pm on Saturday, August 5th and open to staff, faculty, trainees, and students from Duke Health, Duke University, and Duke University Health System.
Teams can consist of individuals from different divisions, departments, and schools. The Innovation Jam is an exciting chance to see what the best and brightest can pitch to our Investors and hear what our Investors think! Event attendance is open to both Duke and external audiences.
- Saturday, August 5, 2017 (5pm) – Submission Deadline
- Week of September 4, 2017 - DIHI will notify finalists
- Weeks of September 4 and Sept 11, 2017—Presentation prep workshop with finalists hosted by DIHI
- September 4 through September 21 - Presentation preparations
- Thursday, September 21 (5PM) - Finalists to submit final presentation to DIHI
- October 3 or 9, 2017 – Innovation Jam