Chancellor’s Clinical Leadership in Academic Medicine Program (C-CHAMP) is a 6.5 day program over 6 months that has been designed for Duke Medicine faculty at or rising to the following levels:
- Division chief
- Director (Clinical, Program, Medical)
- Associate Vice Chair
- Faculty/ Division Head
- Interim Vice Chair
The goals of the C-CHAMP program are to:
- Provide education and training that will allow participants to experience more successes in their current roles
- Strengthen the pipeline for Duke Medicine’s next round of leaders
- Provide a management toolkit that allows participants to lead and grow their group with increased efficacy
- Strengthen the institution through engagement and innovation and improve its culture
The overall concept of the C-CHAMP program was designed and developed under the direction the Chancellor with the advice and counsel of Duke Medicine Senior Leaders and faculty within Health Sector Management (HSM) in the Duke Fuqua School of Business.
The program is a partnership between the Chancellor’s Office in Duke Medicine, Duke University Human Resources Learning and Organization Development, and the Duke Institute for Health InnovationThe first class was held in 2010, and the program runs once per year with 20-30 fellows.
2014 Schedule Topic Areas:
- Program Kickoff Dinner
- Team Building Dinner
- Strategy & Innovation
- Marketing & Customer Focus
- Healthcare Operations
- Six Domains of Leadership
- Leadership and Management
- Project Presentations
- Program Finale
Additional time required for the program includes: 2 hours of 1:1 executive coaching sessions; two leader interviews; moderate amount of pre-reading for each session; completion of assessments and program surveys; and group work on a health system or interdepartmental project.